Wednesday, 9 July 2014

It's summer whether the weather likes it or not!

Wow it's really been a while since I've posted anything! I guess what with finishing university, moving back home and returning to my summer job at a local ice-cream company I haven't had much time for printing.

I've been pretty keen to utilize some of the skills I've learnt recently so whipped up this summery little number over a couple of my days off.  I really think I've cracked how to get some great results from gradient printing now.  As much as I liked my dainty little perfume bottles I think this technique works much better.  Using a larger printing block for the colour and then overlaying the detail in a darker ink makes the gradual contrasts in colour much more visible and I think more effective.

Making the templates