Tuesday, 2 December 2014

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!


It's almost my favourite time of year again! All the lights are twinkling, the fires are crackling and the chestnuts are roasting.  This year I'm taking part in a Christmas Blog Hop so be sure to follow the link and check out some of the other wonderful crafting ideas!

 
The beginning of December means starting to think about Xmas cards for my family and friends.  This year I wanted to design something a little less traditional, so left the mince pies, mulled wine and Christmas Wreaths to those more talented artists and went for something simple but effective.  I wanted to strip back the idea of homemade cards to what they used to be when I was younger; a way to show those I love that I appreciate them. Using this principle I decided I wanted to make this years design as simple as possible. It would not be featuring any intricate texture or detail, just a simple image with lots of bold patterns similar to something I would have made when I was a child.  Simple, no fuss, black and white... Well almost.

Sweaters Hung By The Chimney With Care


I hope everyone likes receiving these cute little winter jumper designs!  They came out just the way I hoped they would. Now all I need is a bit of crisp winter weather to deliver them in!
















4 comments :

  1. Very nice. I am planning on making my own cards too.
    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious how you got your jumper pattern - did you draw it yourself? I love this simple card idea and would like to do something similar but I am not artistic enough to draw a pattern like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much for your question, it's always lovely to hear from people :) Yes, I draw all the designs myself onto a printing block and then cut it out so the design is in relief. This post shows the process a little better and has a picture of the printing blocks I make: http://printsregent.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/gradient-effects.html

      There's no reason why the designs have to be complicated and would look just as effective made up of bold patterns. Alternatively a lot of blogs I follow recommend stamping kits so you can print your own images and colour them as you like. Heart Handmade always has lots of great suggestions and this post in particular looked fun http://www.hearthandmade.co.uk/2014/12/stamping-tutorial.html.

      Hope this helps and I'd love to see your finished cards! xxx

      Delete