Monday, 19 October 2015

Wake Me Up When September Ends...

Seriously what the hell happened to September (and most of October)?! I lost the entire month to making preparations and welcoming the new cohort of students to university and the students union.

 The end of summer and month of September was really difficult and very demanding and I'm not afraid to admit that at times I struggled with the stress of everything and the horribly long hours. And yes there were a few tears.  But then I saw this and it suddenly became very easy to remember what I am working towards and why I put myself through it.

This is the video shot of the four main Fresher's events.  I by no means put these together but I was a part of the team that did.  As the Events Assistant it means I get to do a lot of running around, fetching coffee, filling riders, tidying, paying invoices, pinning and hanging the simple decorations, stamping hands etc. And on very, very, very rare occasions making minor decisions.  For the minute I wouldn't have it any other way.




FXU Freshers 2015 from FXU on Vimeo. Thanks to Luca Parasiliti for the incredible video :)


Consequently I have nothing new to show you!  ***Sad Face***

Still hopefully things will calm down a little at work now and I should be able to while away the cold nights in with a bit more printmaking.... Famous last words.  

No comments :

Post a Comment